India’s richest man Mr. Mukesh Ambani is now become the world’s sixth-richest person. On 15th July’20, Reliance Industries Limited organised its 43rd Annual General Meeting, this is the 1st virtual AGM by RIL hosted via JioMeet, Youtube Channel like The Flame of Truth YouTube channel, Jio Channel, Reliance Industries Facebook page and many other social media platform.
In AGM, Mr. Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani said that Google will invest near about 33,737 crore for a 7.7% stake in Jio Platform.
Below are the key points & announcement during 43rd RIL AGM –
- Jio has designed and developed a complete 5G solution from scratch. It will be ready for trials as soon as 5G spectrum is available and can be ready for field deployment next year.
- Google and Jio are partnering to build an Operating System that could power a value engineered, entry-level 4G/5G smartphone.
- Jio TV Plus will features aggregated content from leading global OTT players such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Dinsey+ Hotstar, Zee5, JioSaavn, Voot and many more.
- Reliance will work with other Indian companies, including start-ups, to vigorously promote “Made-in-India”, “Made-for-India” and “Made-for-the-World” products.
- JioMart and WhatsApp will be working closely to create growth opportunities for millions of Indian small merchants and enable customers seamlessly transact with kirana shop.
- JioMart is built to digitally enable, empower and engage kirana stores. Kiranas will stay connected and transact with their customers on the JioMart platform, facilitated by a multifunctional POS.
- Through the Jio App Store on the Set Top Box, one can access internet applications across multiple genres such as entertainment, education, health, cooking, yoga, gaming, religion, and many more.
- Jio’s latest innovation, Jio Glass, is at the cutting edge of technology that provides best-in-class Mixed Reality services to give users a truly meaningful immersive experience.
“Reliance is now ranked among the World’s 60 largest companies by market capitalization. And when Reliance scales still higher summits of success, our employees and shareholders will surely reap its rewards,” says Mukesh Ambani.
Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and Alphabet feels proud to partner with @reliancejio to increase access for the hundreds of millions in India.
Above given information is based on best of our knowledge & other sources. We hope you may have learn something new based on this blog & keep on learning.
Feel free to add your comments in the comment box, it will help us to know more.